As small business owners and entrepreneurs with limited budgets, we do not have the luxury of spending millions of advertising dollars to brand our businesses. Fortunately and thanks to a fundamental shift in the way that business is being conducted these days, there are a few things that you can do to successfully brand your business without breaking the bank.
Use a branded email signature. You can easily create a customized email signature where you can add some of the following information:
- Your contact information (Phone, Fax, Email etc.)
- A professional picture or headshot
- Links to all of your active Social Media Profiles
- An RSS feed that features your latest blog post
- A link to a Freebie or Giveaway
Create a Professional Logo. Your logo is a critical component of “brand identification”. It’s an image that will be used on all of your marketing material and therefore you should consider investing a little money to get a professional logo created for your business.
Create a stand out business slogan and tagline. Like your logo, your slogan should be used consistently on all of your marketing collateral.
Use social media to consistently market and promote your brand. Social media is probably THE most powerful online branding tools that you can use these days! Before social media arrived on the scene, branding essentially took place via word of mouth referrals or through traditional means of advertising. With free access to social media sites, you can easily:
- Spread the word about your brand on a regular basis
- Interact with your potential and current customer base
- Engage and connect with fellow peers in your industry
Use testimonials to add credibility. Testimonials are one of the most powerful marketing messages and brand boosters that you can have in your arsenal. If you have received “rock star” testimonials from your customers that you have done business, here are a few things that you can do to maximize them:
- Add them to your website
- Tweet them out to your followers
- Add them to your email signature
- Publish them via Facebook
Start Blogging. Using a blog for branding in your business one of the smartest things you can do. Blogs are very easy to start, are inexpensive and only require a bit of your time. With your blog, you can easily leverage the power of social media to build brand recognition in your industry and establish an online presence. Here are a few ways to get the most out of your blog:
- Write great content
- Create attention grabbing headlines that will attract visitors to your site
- Share and market your content multiple times on social media
Show your customers the face behind your products and services. People are instantly more drawn to a brand when they can actually see who it is that is behind the brand. If you have a website and social media profiles, you should definitely add a headshot of yourself (and your team) to connect with your audience on a more personable level.
And there you have it, 7 easy peasy ways to brand your business online!